INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING
Curbside pick-up is now available to anyone who wants to take advantage of the program. We are currently limited in the number of orders we can process in a day. You will be notified as soon as possible if we are unable to fulfill your order.
We are doing orders four days a week-
- Order Sunday evening (4:30pm - midnight) for Monday pick-up (11am - 1pm)
- Order Monday evening (4:30pm - midnight) for Tuesday pick-up (11am - 1pm)
- Order Wednesday evening (4:30pm - midnight) for Thursday pick-up (11am - 1pm)
- Order Thursday evening (4:30pm - midnight) for Friday pick-up (11am - 1pm)
ORDER ELECTRONICALLY OR BY PHONE
Orders can be communicated two ways, by using our online order form or by phone. ONLINE IS STRONGLY PREFERRED. By either avenue, you must include the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your Phone Number (so we may contact you about your order)
- Your concise list of itemsYOU MAY ONLY ORDER 10 ITEMS
- Order should include Brand (if known), Item Name, Quantity, and Is Substituting Acceptable? See example below:
- 2# organic Lundberg jasmine rice (sub. Organic white basmati rice, if necessary)
- 2 ea. organic lemons (no sub.)
- 1 package Bionaturae Whole Wheat Pasta (sub. Durum Wheat)
- 1# Lucy Jo's Mellow Belly Regular (please grind!!!)
- 2# King Arthur All Purpose Flour (no sub.)
We will try to keep an updated list of produce on our facebook page, on the twitter feed on the website (www.cambridgefoodcoop.com), and twitter, so that you can see what is in stock.
- Please indicate whether you would take a substitution for an itemand what that sub isas we are currently having trouble sourcing some products (e.g. items are out of stock in store or from our vendors).
NEW: Submit online orders in the evening (4:30pm - midnight) using our online order form. This is the preferred method for placing orders.
Call in orders during the order window (4:30pm - midnight) to 518-677-5731 (you will leave your message in voicemail). Speak slowly and clearly when you leave your message.
PAYMENT ONLINE AND CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ORDER
We will call each customer with a total before pick-up (so have your credit card ready, or make out your check at that time). The call with the total is your confirmation of the order.
We will email you an invoice the morning of your pick-up. You can now pay over our secure website (the same that we use for membership renewals), if you so choose. If you choose to not pay online, please have a check ready at the time of your pick-up (make out to Cambridge Food Co-op). No CASH for curbside pick-up orders.
If you submitted an order over voicemail, we will email and call you the next day with total. The email/call with the total is your confirmation of the order.
If you do not hear from us, we did not receive your order. Do not come to pick-up unless you get confirmation (either via email or phone) from a staff member!
If we are unable to process your order, we will call or email you to let you know. You will have to resubmit order during next ordering cycle-we will NOT carry old orders forward to the next order day.
Orders must be picked up between the hours of 11-1 on your designated pick up day.
We will staple a copy of your order, and receipts to your pick-up box or bag.
- Call Us: If you have a cell phone, please call the store 518-677-5731, when you arrive for pick-up, just to let us know you are here. Reminder: we only have one line, so you may hear a busy signal.
- Honk: if you do not have a cell phone, please honk politely.
- Do not come to the door: We will come out to you!
- Open your trunk for us: Kindly have your back door or trunk open for us to put your groceries into, and then you close your trunk.
- Remain Socially Distant from us: During pick-up please respect the 6 foot social distancing guideline. We are happy to share air high fives, air hugs, thumbs up and smiles, if you feel like it!
Thank you for abiding by all the above requests... it will help us immensely if you follow protocol.
As we see need, we may continue to add order/pick-up days to the schedule. This week is certainly a trial, so above everything, please have patience with us as we work out the kinks, and finally, thank you, thank you for all the support!